Tuesday, May 24, 2011

They call me Quirky!

Yes, I have often been referred to at Station 8 as the Queen of quirky! I don't know why? It could be because early on I developed a fondness for putting very interesting things in the stores many vintage birdcages.

It all started with a stuffed fish... I don't know what made me do it, but as Betsy would say it had to be done, and in the birdcage it went! Since then I have had many different and very unbirdlike items in the the many cages we have had. Of course here are a couple of examples. In the picture above, well they are flying pigs!
I just thought she looked like she needed to be contained, and once I had the mermaid in I had to put in our copy of Andersen's Fairy tales and open it to the Tale of the Little Sea Maid. It all makes sense to me!

Of course the quirk is not only limited to birdcages, so come in and see what other new, and quirky things we have going on at Station 8!

Hope to see you soon!

All the Best,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment